Proper cleaning of hands could save lives as it prevents us from getting sick due to exposure from bacteria and other germs. In order to ensure your hands are clean, some hand washing instructions are ideal to make sure you are doing it right:
- Remove all jewelry, even rings, so you can reach all surfaces on your hands
- Wet hands with running water (preferably warm)
- Apply soap. Normal soap is just as good as antibacterial soap
- Rub your hands together, covering all surfaces, including the back of your hands and between your fingers
- Rub hands together for a further 20 seconds
- Rinse hands, making sure you remove all soap
- Dry your hands thoroughly with a paper towel or a clean hand towel.
When Should We Wash Our Hands?
Handling images and media with the utmost care is a primary focus of the new editor. Hopefully, you’ll find aspects of adding captions or going full-width with your pictures much easier and robust than before.
To stop the spread of germs in your family, make regular hand washing a rule for everyone. It’s especially important:
- Before eating and cooking
- After using the bathroom
- After cleaning around the house
- After touching animals, including family pets
- Before and after visiting or taking care of any sick friends or relatives
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
- After blowing one’s nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After being outside (playing, gardening, walking the dog)
- After touching garbage