If you like to work with people, grow personally, professionally, and in the process make a difference, explore a career with Resolution Insurance. Whether you are an experienced professional or a recent graduate, we welcome you to be a part of our vision to become a recognized leader and preferred provider of insurance services in Africa.
Our primary focus is our customers; we sell our products for their overall benefits, and as businessman John Mackey once put it “We’re in business to serve the needs and desires of our core customer base.”
UNDERWRITER – GENERAL INSURANCE
The Underwriter – General Insurance overall purpose is to assess, price and determine terms for risks presented within set standards of service in a manner to ensure quality selection of risks and timely service.
- 1. Prepare quotations in a timely manner to assist in business acquisition.
- 2. Prepare policy documents and communicate with agents/brokers/clients on confirmation of receipt of policy documents, endorsements and other policy related documentation.
- 3. Prepare, dispatch and follow up of renewal business to ensure retention.
- 4. Maintain effective business relationships to ensure effective delivery of service.
- 5. Signing of accountable documents within the authority limit as per the agreed and give them legal effect.
- 6. Assessment, management and rating of risks to ensure we accept and retain quality business.
- 7. Enforce credit control and effect cancellation for policies not paid for to ensure that premium is paid for risks accepted. Liaise with Finance department on premium payments, invoicing, receipting and allocations.
- 8. Preparing performance reports.
- 9. Respond to customer queries and complaints.
- 10.Train and mentor underwriting assistants to ensure motivation.
Qualifications & Experience
- IIK/CII Diploma in insurance.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in underwriting in a general insurance company
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Well developed computer skills
- Excellent research and report writing skills
- Business degree
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
- Strong Customer Service and interpersonal skills
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly email your:
- 1. Application letter
- 2. Updated CV listing three references
- 3. Expected remuneration package
- 4. Availability should you be offered the position.
By COB, Friday, 22nd August 2014 to Recruitment@resolution.co.ke
Ensure that you quote the position in the email subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.